Welcome to Security Management
Security Management is responsible for all aspects of law enforcement,
physical security, personnel security, technical security, and classified
programs security at NASA's Ames Research Center.
Mission Statement: Security Management is committed to providing
a safe and secure environment for the employees, visitors and assets
of Ames Research Center, to enable NASA to successfully accomplish its
mission. Our services will be provided with the highest standards of
integrity, professionalism, and respect.
Law Enforcement & Center Protection
NASA Ames Research Center's Law Enforcement and Center Protection Services
are dedicated to the protection of life and property and the preservation
of peace and order on the installation.
- Security Officers provide entry control at each of the Center's gates.
- Vehicle Inspectors search incoming vehicles pursuant to 14 CFR 1204.
- NASA Ames Police Officers are authorized under the Space Act, 42
U.S.C. 2456(a), to perform law enforcement services on the installation,
including patrol, crime prevention, and enforcement of the Traffic
- Emergency Dispatchers operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week, in
a state-certified 9-1-1 dispatch center.
Technical Security Services
Technical Security Services are responsible for the administration, planning,
coordination and operation of all security programs for the Center. They
develop and maintain all documentation relating to the operations of alarm
systems, physical security, locksmith operation, foreign travel and counterintelligence
operations. Technical Security also assists with the development of materials
for the Center Security Education Training & Awareness (SETA) Program.
Personnel Security Services
Personnel Security Services provides a wide range of programs designed
to ensure that NASA information is neither inadvertently nor deliberately
disclosed to unauthorized personnel. Personnel Security Services encompasses
three main programs:
- Access Control (Employee Badging and Visitor Registration & Pass
Offices) provides the appropriate badges/passes to allow access
to the installation.
- International Visits Office approval of foreign national visits.
- Personnel Security Office employment investigations, granting